PROCESS CONTROL AND AUTOMATION
FermWorks is a software application that automates process development and process control in biotech and pharma laboratories and pilot plants. FermWorks collects measurements and analytical results from many different sources, regardless of instrument make or model, unifying the data through a single software interface with access and control from anywhere in the networked FermWorks system. It has no limit on the number of users, bioreactors, analytical instruments, or data tags. Experiment and recipe management improves process development tracking and advanced data analysis empowers realtime feedback control to improve results. Flexible control strategies can be expressed in simple natural language statements to automate processes in FermWorks, boosting productivity by making more efficient use of staff time and resources.
FermWorks Key Features
- Manage records of experiments
- Log acquired and calculated data to a historical repository
- Alert users if values exceed alarm limits, visually and by email
- Record manual entry of offline data with timestamps, and notes
- Comply with FDA standards: users, security, electronic signatures, and audit log
- Automate processes and respond autonomously
- Analyze data and perform complex calculations
- Use measurements or calculated results for feedback control
- Implement standard or innovative proprietary control strategies
- Customize and extend for specific applications
- Connect to a wide variety of instruments and devices (see instruments)
- Unify data from many different sources into a single software interface
- Cooperate with other corporate software, such as LIMS or Electronic Notebooks
- Run on stand-alone computer or as a networked application on many computers
- View or control remotely across the network, even outside the lab
- Monitor conditions for increased efficiency and productivity
- Simplify controller / bioreactor / fermenter and other instrument control
- Manage all instrumentation through a single application
- Create flexible control recipes with simple text
- Export raw data and calculations in configurable reports
- FermWorks uses InfluxDB as its historical data repository
- InfluxDB adopted worldwide across industries and applications
- Robust realtime data storage
- Cloud hosting available but not required
- Integrates with online data dashboards
Instruments Supported in FermWorks
Companies we’ve helped
Bay Area technology company
WM, Senior Scientist
Lab Manager, Electronic Notebook & Automation Specialist, Bayer
Director of Cell Culture R&D, Bayer
California biotech company
intuitive. One of the reasons we chose Fermworks is because of the flexibility to set up each station for a variety of devices. Fermworks has allowed us to not only automate our process, but very closely duplicate the control strategies used at production scale.
DA, Lab Manager
California biotech company
RM, Staff Scientist
About WireWorks West
WireWorks West creates software solutions for life sciences and other industries that empower technicians, scientists, researchers, and managers. Our software automates data management and process control for the R&D lab bench, through process development, pilot plant scale-up, and out to the factory floor. We connect all kinds of devices, communicate with various analytical instruments, and control processes. We collect, record, analyze, and present data to give clear insight into process behavior.
We offer our FermWorks product and also offer custom software development for a wide variety of other applications, including DNA synthesis, fluidics automation, and ultrasonic materials testing. WireWorks West is a National Instruments Alliance Member with expertise in LabVIEW applications development and integration of National Instruments hardware.
We stand behind our customers with exceptional technical support.
Interested? For improved process development and efficient lab automation, CONTACT US
WireWorks West, Inc.
PO Box 5017
Berkeley, CA 94705-0017
Phone: (510) 898-1873
Our Company Website: www.wireworkswest.com